Austin Maestro Gearbox
Enginesandgearboxes.co.uk is undoubtedly the UK’S leading in new, reconditioned and used supplier online; we undoubtedly have the largest stock of Austin Maestro Gearboxes in the UK. We provide fully guaranteed second hand gearboxes parts direct to your door at discounted prices and all have a 100% warranty with free postage, we constantly strive to help our customers save huge amounts of money on Austin Maestro gearboxes every day.
Austin Maestro Gearboxes
When you take apart and look inside a gearbox, you will find a huge assortment of parts in a fairly small space. Among other things, you see :
In an automatic gearbox :-
- An ingenious planetary gear set
- A set of bands to lock parts of a gear set
- A set of three wet-plates clutches to lock other parts of the gear set
- An incredibly odd hydraulic system that controls the clutches and bands
- A large gear pump to move gearbox fluid around
Manual gearboxes you will find a lay shaft, collar and folks.
Manumatic gearboxes Manumatic is a portmanteau word, combining the words manual and automatic, that applies to a class of automotive gearboxes. Manumatic most often refers to an automatic transmission; with some elements of manual transmission control (e.g. a gear can be manually selected instead of having the computer control all shifts). This type of transmission was introduced in the beginning of the 21st century. Different car manufacturers have been using a variety of labels for their manumatic transmissions, such as ‘tiptronic’, ‘Geartronic’, ‘Touchshift’, ‘Sporttronic’, and others.
Austin Maestro upgraded to a 5 speed manual gearbox before its fall.
As you can see gearboxes including gearbox is a complicated car part necessity for your car to function. Our breakers shop around for the best deals on any Maestro gearbox part – so you don’t have to do all the hard work. Simply tell us you’re the type of gearbox you require and we’ll do the rest – totally FREE!
Why some gearboxes go wrong.
- Symptoms: – Gearbox oil pouring out of gearbox, sometimes with slipping clutch due to oil contamination.
- Often the gearbox jams and the car cannot be moved. Gears fail and there is no drive to clutch and wheels.
- Cause: – Hole punctured in the gearbox casing due to a sheared weak rivet on the differential failing. The rivets attaching the final drive gear to the differential are weak and shear off, sometimes after only 30,000 miles on early gearboxes. This is a common problem with these gearboxes.
- Cure: – Replace weak rivets with stainless steel nuts and bolts, add reinforcing metal plate between the bolts and then fully recondition gearbox. All our reconditioned gearboxes carry a 100% warranty.
Gearboxes primary job
Just like that of a manual gearbox, the automatic gearboxes primary job is to allow the engine to operate in its narrow range of speeds while providing a wide range of output speeds.
Without a gearbox, cars would be limited to one gear ratio, and that ratio would have to be selected to allow the car to travel at the desired top speed. If you wanted a top speed of 80 mph, then the gear ratio would be similar to third gear in most manual gearbox cars.
You’ve probably never tried driving a manual gearbox car using only third gear. If you did, you’d quickly find out that you had almost no acceleration when starting out, and at high speeds, the engine would be screaming along near the red-line. A car like this would wear out very quickly and would be nearly undriveable.
The key difference between a manual and an automatic gearbox is that the manual gearbox locks and unlocks different sets of gears to the output shaft to achieve the various gear ratios, while in an automatic gearbox; the same set of gears produces all of the different gear ratios. The planetary gear set is the device that makes this possible in an automatic gearbox.
Our commitment to you
We are the gearbox specialists, it’s all we do, and we do it well and we are the best at offering any make or model of gearboxes.
We are the UK’s largest virtual gearbox warehouse offering amazing 80% off for our customers on all parts. Find the right Austin Maestro gearbox part you need right here, in minutes. We only work with specialist gearboxes suppliers; their unrivalled knowledge ensures that you get the right parts – first time! All our gearboxes are fully tested prior to dispatch and include a warranty; this is a testament to the quality of parts we deliver.
You will not access such quality or experience on any other network; we have been successfully sourcing gearboxes for many years. We also provide a telephone customer line on 0905 232 0099, just call one of our sales representatives to help assist you in finding the right gearbox part or check out our ‘Quick Find’.