Bentley Arnage Gearbox
Enginesandgearboxes.co.uk is undoubtedly the UK’S leading in new, reconditioned and used supplier online; we undoubtedly have the largest stock of Bentley Arnage Gearboxes in the UK. We provide fully guaranteed second hand gearboxes parts direct to your door at discounted prices and all have a 100% warranty with free postage, we constantly strive to help our customers save huge amounts of money on Bentley Arnage gearboxes every day.
Bentley Arnage Gearboxes
When you take apart and look inside a gearbox, you will find a huge assortment of parts in a fairly small space. Among other things, you see :
In an automatic gearbox :-
- An ingenious planetary gear set
- A set of bands to lock parts of a gear set
- A set of three wet-plates clutches to lock other parts of the gear set
- An incredibly odd hydraulic system that controls the clutches and bands
- A large gear pump to move gearbox fluid around
Manual gearboxes you will find a lay shaft, collar and folks.
Manumatic gearboxes Manumatic is a portmanteau word, combining the words manual and automatic, that applies to a class of automotive gearboxes. Manumatic most often refers to an automatic transmission; with some elements of manual transmission control (e.g. a gear can be manually selected instead of having the computer control all shifts). This type of transmission was introduced in the beginning of the 21st century. Different car manufacturers have been using a variety of labels for their manumatic transmissions, such as ‘tiptronic’, ‘Geartronic’, ‘Touchshift’, ‘Sporttronic’, and others.
What Gearbox will you find in an Arnage?
Such an impressive increase in power and torque for the Arnage gearbox, however, it is of little benefit unless the Powertrain is capable of delivering it to the driven wheels. For this reason Bentley’s engineering team opted to introduce the latest six-speed ZF automatic transmission to the Arnage range. Latest six-speed ZF automatic transmission with sophisticated locking torque converter provides fast yet ultra-smooth gearshifts. This state of the art system offers two further ratios than the previous gearbox and has several key advantages over its predecessor:
- The wider range of ratios is specifically tuned to each Arnage model, ensuring greater flexibility, response and refinement for every model.
- Performance feel is also improved by using a sophisticated locking torque converter system which provides a more rapid response to throttle inputs.
- Three transmission modes (Drive, Sport and Semi-Automatic) allow the driver to take full advantage of the new gearbox. Semi Automatic mode is accessed by placing the gearlever into the sequential manual gear-selector gate, where a new ratio can be engaged simply by pushing the lever forwards or backwards.
A sophisticated electronic management system plays a major role in providing fast yet smooth gearshifts regardless of how the car is being driven. Previously the Arnage’s engine and gearbox were governed by independent electronic systems; in the 2007 Model Year, an uprated Bosch computer controlled management system ensures that both parts work as a single unit to produce a supremely refined yet highly responsive drive train.
As the engine speed approaches the point at which a gearshift is due, it signals to the transmission that it is time to shift, so the ratio changes are much quicker, it feels significantly faster from the driver’s seat. Similarly, when the gearbox is ready to change up it asks the engine to reduce the torque just for the period of the shift, which can add to the refinement.
Another important development for the 2007 Model Year Arnage range is the separation of the sports suspension and sports gearbox settings, allowing the driver to select their preference for each system independently – via a ‘Sport’ button on the dashboard for the suspension and by positioning the gearlever for the transmission’s Sport mode.
As you can see gearboxes including gearbox is a complicated car part necessity for your car to function. Our breakers shop around for the best deals on any Arnage gearbox part – so you don’t have to do all the hard work. Simply tell us you’re the type of gearbox you require and we’ll do the rest – totally FREE!
Why some gearboxes go wrong.
- Symptoms: – Gearbox oil pouring out of gearbox, sometimes with slipping clutch due to oil contamination.
- Often the gearbox jams and the car cannot be moved. Gears fail and there is no drive to clutch and wheels.
- Cause: – Hole punctured in the gearbox casing due to a sheared weak rivet on the differential failing. The rivets attaching the final drive gear to the differential are weak and shear off, sometimes after only 30,000 miles on early gearboxes. This is a common problem with these gearboxes.
- Cure: – Replace weak rivets with stainless steel nuts and bolts, add reinforcing metal plate between the bolts and then fully recondition gearbox. All our reconditioned gearboxes carry a 100% warranty.
Gearboxes primary job
Just like that of a manual gearbox, the automatic gearboxes primary job is to allow the engine to operate in its narrow range of speeds while providing a wide range of output speeds.
Without a gearbox, cars would be limited to one gear ratio, and that ratio would have to be selected to allow the car to travel at the desired top speed. If you wanted a top speed of 80 mph, then the gear ratio would be similar to third gear in most manual gearbox cars.
You’ve probably never tried driving a manual gearbox car using only third gear. If you did, you’d quickly find out that you had almost no acceleration when starting out, and at high speeds, the engine would be screaming along near the red-line. A car like this would wear out very quickly and would be nearly undriveable.
The key difference between a manual and an automatic gearbox is that the manual gearbox locks and unlocks different sets of gears to the output shaft to achieve the various gear ratios, while in an automatic gearbox; the same set of gears produces all of the different gear ratios. The planetary gear set is the device that makes this possible in an automatic gearbox.
Our commitment to you We are the gearbox specialists, it’s all we do, and we do it well and we are the best at offering any make or model of gearboxes.
We are the UK’s largest virtual gearbox warehouse offering amazing 80% off for our customers on all parts. Find the right Bentley Arnage gearbox part you need right here, in minutes. We only work with specialist gearboxes suppliers; their unrivalled knowledge ensures that you get the right parts – first time! All our gearboxes are fully tested prior to dispatch and include a warranty; this is a testament to the quality of parts we deliver.
You will not access such quality or experience on any other network; we have been successfully sourcing gearboxes for many years. We also provide a telephone customer line on 0905 232 0099, just call one of our sales representatives to help assist you in finding the right gearbox part or check out our ‘Quick Find’.