Citroën Xsara Engine
Welcome to enginesandgearboxes.co.uk, if it’s a used, new, second-hand or reconditioned Citroën Xsara Engine you are looking to buy then we are here to help you. You will find the largest selection of Citroën Xsara Engines, all with low mileage.
When it comes to prices, you will find the cheapest engines for sale from us; and we offer the large selection of engines countrywide. Our engine deals are updated on a daily basis so that you can get the best bargains from our best car breakers.
Citroën Xsara engine innovation over the years
The Citroën Xsara is a small family car produced by French automaker Citroën from 1997 to 2006.
It came in 3 and 5 door hatchback and 5 door estate body styles; the estate was marketed as the Break and the three-door as the Coupé. The straight-4 engine range includes 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 and 2.0-litre petrol engines as well as 1.6, 1.9 and 2 litre turbodiesels.
The original Mark 1 Xsara was launched in 1997, and was available with different engine choices:
- 1.4L (1361 cc 8 valve SOHC) 55 kW TU3JP 4 cylinder petrol 111 N·m
- 1.6L (1587 cc) 66 kW TU5JP 4 cylinder petrol 136 N·m
- 1.8L (1761 cc) 66 kW XU7JB 4 cylinder petrol
- 1.8L (1761 cc) 76 kW XU7JP 4 cylinder petrol
- 1.8L (1761 cc 16-valve DOHC) 82 kW XU7JP4 4 cylinder petrol 155 N·m
- 2.0L (1998 cc 16-valve DOHC) 99 kW XU10J4R 4 cylinder petrol
- 2.0L (1998 cc 16-valve DOHC) 122 kW XU10J4RS 4 cylinder petrol (used in Xsara VTS)
- 1.9L (1905 cc) 50 kW XUD9A diesel
- 1.9L (1868 cc) 51 kW DW8 diesel
- 1.9L (1905 cc) 55 kW XUD9B SD diesel
- 1.9L (1905 cc) 66 kW XUD9TE turbodiesel
- 2.0L (1997 cc) 66 kW DW10TD turbodiesel
In 2000 the Xsara was facelifted to be called Xsara ll; the car was now stiffer (so safety and handling improved), had a new front design and some interior modifications. New 1.6i and 2.0i 16 valve engines were being introduced and 1.8L were removed. The new Xsara was offered with following engine choices:
- 1.4L (1361 cc 8 valve SOHC) 55 kW TU3JP 4 cylinder petrol 121 N·m (catalyst and its position were changed)
- 1.6L (1587 cc 16-valve DOHC) 81 kW TU5JP4 4 cylinder petrol (new, replaced 8 valve TU5JP engine)
- 2.0L (1998 cc 16-valve DOHC) 122 kW XU10J4RS 4 cylinder petrol (used till 2002)
- 2.0L (1998 cc 16-valve DOHC) 101 kW EW10J4 4 cylinder petrol (new, replaced XU10 engine)
- 1.9L (1868 cc) 51 kW DW8 diesel (used till 2002)
- 1.9L (1868 cc) 53 kW DW8B diesel (new)
- 2.0L (1997 cc) 66 kW DW10TD turbodiesel (catalyst was changed, later central silencer was removed)
- 2.0L (1997 cc) 79 kW DW10ATED turbodiesel (new)
In line with other models from the same company at the time, the Xsara largely sold on price because of stiff competition. The Xsara hatchback was discontinued and replaced by the stylish C4 in 2004. The Xsara continues to be produced for the Chinese market by Dongfeng Peugeot-Citroën Automobile, a joint venture with the PSA Group. Since 2005, the Xsara Picasso has been the only version of the Xsara to be built or sold in Europe.
The Xsara Picasso was Citroën’s answer to the enormously popular compact MPV Renault Scénic when it went on sale late in 1999 with two trim levels, LX and SX, and three engines, a 1.6 and 1.8 litre petrols, and a 2.0 Litre HDI engine. In early 2003 the Xsara Picasso in the UK was given a 2.0i 16v engine with a 4 speed Automatic gear box (the Picasso was only available with manual transmission for the first three years of production).
Xsara Picasso trim levels UK 2008 onwards
The Citroën Xsara Picasso’s combination of performance and economy is impressive. For example, the 1.6HDi 16v 92hp model, with Diesel Particulate Filter System (DPFS), has a top speed of 109mph and plenty of acceleration, yet on a combined cycle it will achieve 56.5 miles per gallon. It also leaves a much smaller carbon footprint than other cars in its class, at just 130g/km.
The 1.6i 16v petrol version also has an impressive 110hp and a top speed of 112 mph. All models have five-speed manual transmission, front wheel drive and power assisted steering and ABS with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) as standard. For such a practical car, the Citroën Xsara Picasso is surprisingly sporty.
Only 1.6i 16v, 1.6HDi 16v 92BHP and 1.6HDi 16v 110BHP are now available.
How can we help you?
If you need a Citroën Xsara Engine, then look no further. We aspire to have the largest stock nationwide, and we offer 100% fully tested and guaranteed engines which are ready for immediate dispatch worldwide.
Find crazy prices on quality Citroën Xsara Engines with our ‘Quick Find’ or call *0905 232 0099 and get free quote and free shipping today.