Daewoo Car Engines: Sedan engines, Tico, Matiz
Daewoo Car Engines New Range co-developed by Suzuki are available at enginesandgearboxes.co.uk as used, reconditioned or secondhand.
S-TEC is a low-displacement engine range codeveloped by Suzuki and Daewoo Motors for use in micro- and subcompact cars. The first model was 0.8 L Straight-3 engine, based on the powerplant of the Suzuki Alto. It was used in Daewoo Tico and later the Daewoo Matiz.
Find Daewoo Engines
Find Daewoo Gearboxes
In 2002, the range was extended to 1.0 L and 1.2 L Straight-4 engines and updated with EGR valve to reduce pollution. A new engine plant for the updated model T4 was built. The 1.0 version is used in Chevrolet Matiz and the 1.2 in the European Chevrolet Kalos.
In 2004 the 0.8/1.0 engines were updated again. New intake and exhaust systems, along with low-friction aluminum cam followers with rollers were added, resulting in better economy. They are used in Chevrolet Matiz (model M200).
Powertrains are what sets the Tosca apart from other similar vehicles. The car employs Daewoo’s XK straight six engine, which is a quite rarely used setup nowadays. Moreover, the V250 is a front-wheel drive car and the engines are mounted transversely – this requires the inline engine to be very compact and packed quite tight. The only other automaker currently using this configuration af of 2007 is Volvo.
The Tosca was launched with two versions of the straight six of different displacements – the 2.5 L carried over from the Magnus and a 2.0 L, which replaces the Holden-sourced E-TEC II two-litre used in the previous model. For Korean market, 1.8L E-TEC II engine model with 5-speed manual transmission or 4-speed automatic transmission has added since 2006.
The specifications are:
- 2.0 L – 1993 cc, 144 PS (104 kW), 195 N·m – available with either a 5-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automatic.
- 2.5 L – 2942 cc, 157 PS (115 kW), 245 N·m – available only with 5-speed automatic.
- GM also announced that in early 2007 these engines will be joined by a 2.0 L inline-4 common rail turbodiesel, which is to make 150 hp and 310 N·m of torque. The engine, co-developed by GM Powertrain, GM Daewoo, and VM Motori, will debut in the Chevrolet Captiva will be the first diesel engine used in a Daewoo car.
Daewoo Nubira, Daewoo Lacetti, was also sold as in Europe the sedan version
The European models are available with the following three gasoline-powered 4-cylinder engines. See also info on our used car engines range.
The specifications are:
- 1.4 L E-TEC II — 94 hp (69 kW) at 6300 rpm
- 1.6 L E-TEC II — 109 hp (80 kW) at 5800 rpm
- 1.8 L E-TEC II — 122 hp (90 kW) at 5800 rpm
The Optra is available in two models, a four door hatchback (the Optra5), and an Optra Wagon, all in base or LS trim levels. All are powered by the 2.0 L inline-4 engine, rated at 119 hp (89 kW) at 5400 rpm and 126 ft·lbf (171 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm,
The Evanda comes equipped with the Daewoo-developed XK6 inline-6 engine (DOHC 20V, 155 hp at 5800 RPM, 177 ft·lbf of torque at 4000 RPM – Canadian specification) or a Holden-built 2.0L E-TEC II Inline-4 (DOHC 16V) carried over from the Leganza.