Honda Pilot gearbox
Enginesandgearboxes.co.uk is undoubtedly the UK’S leading in new, reconditioned and used supplier online; we undoubtedly have the largest stock of Honda Pilot manual gearboxes and automatic gearboxes in the UK. We provide fully guaranteed second hand gearboxes direct to your door at discounted prices and all have a 100% warranty with free postage, we constantly strive to help our customers save huge amounts of money on Honda Pilot gearboxes every day.
The Honda Pilot posses a 5 speed automatic gearbox. A 5 speed automatic gearbox includes a main gearbox and an over-drive gearbox of a front disposition type. The main gearbox includes three sets of planetary gears, a clutch for engaging and disengaging speed-change elements of the planetary gear sets, and a brake for fixing and releasing the speed change elements, and provides for four forward speed ranges and one reverse speed range.
In the over-drive gearbox of a front disposition type, a speed change element of an over-drive planetary gear set connected to an input element of the main gearbox is adapted to be engaged, disengaged and fixed for achieving either a directly coupled stage or an over-drive stage. The over-drive gearbox releases the direct coupling for reverse driving operation. One of the clutches of the main gearbox for achieving the directly coupled stage and one of the brakes for achieving the low speed stage are engageable in the reverse driving operation.
A 5 speed shiftable automatic gearbox provides the ease of use offered by an automatic gearbox coupled with the sportiness and increased fuel economy offered by a manual gearbox.
1. A shiftable automatic gearbox is mechanically an automatic gearbox with an electronic override system that allows for driver shift control.
2. Shiftable automatic gearboxes do not have a clutch in the sense of a manual gearbox. Instead they use a torque converter to transfer engine power into forward motion through the wheels.
3. Most shiftable automatics are a regular automatic with electronic override. Some shiftable automatics are actually based on the principles of a manual gearbox, using wet clutches that are controlled electronically.
4. A shiftable automatic allows the performance of an automatic gearbox to be improved. Depending on driving style, the driver can change shift points to provide better fuel economy or better performance.
5. Shiftable automatic gearboxes are very reliable. With most vehicles offering this feature, it will not cost any extra to have a 5-speed shiftable automatic on your next vehicle.
How to Change the Gearbox Fluid in a Honda Pilot
Similar to engine oil, gearbox fluid in your Honda Pilot breaks down chemically over several thousand miles of use and loses its ability to lubricate. The gearbox fluid also becomes contaminated from the clutch pack’s wearing which, if unchanged, can cause damage to the gearbox. If your gearbox is shifting harshly, then you probably need to replace your gearbox fluid. Replace the gearbox fluid in your Honda Pilot every 30,000 miles to keep your gearbox working properly.
Things You’ll Need:
- Eye protection
- Jack stands
- Drain pan
- Gearbox fluid funnel
- Gearbox fluid
Jack up the Honda Pilot and place it on jack stands
Place a drain pan below the gearbox oil pan.
Loosen the gearbox oil drain plug from the gearbox oil pan with a ratchet, and let the fluid drain into the drain pan.
Tighten the drain plug back into the gearbox oil pan with a ratchet once the fluid has drained out fully.
Lower the Honda Pilot to the ground
Remove the gearbox oil dipstick and place a funnel in the fill tube. The fill tube is the same tube in which the dipstick is found.
Fill the gearbox with 4 quarts of gearbox fluid.
Reinstall the dipstick in the fill tube.
Tips & Warnings
- To completely flush out the gearbox, you will have to replace the gearbox fluid a total of three times. This is because not all the gearbox fluid drains out of the gearbox when you remove the drain plug. Replace the fluid and drive the vehicle for a week. Replace the fluid again and drive for 2 weeks. Then replace the fluid one more time.
- Wear safety glasses while working on your Honda Pilot.
Our offers to you
We are the UK’s largest virtual gearbox warehouse offering amazing 80% off for our customers on all parts. Find the gearboxes part you need right here, in minutes. We only work with specialist Gearboxes suppliers; their unrivalled knowledge ensures that you get the right parts, first time! All our Gearboxes are fully tested prior to dispatch and include a warranty; this is a testament to the quality of parts we deliver.
You will not access such quality or experience on any other network; we have been successfully sourcing gearboxes for many years. We also provide a telephone customer line on 0905 232 0099, just call one of our sales representatives to help assist you in finding the right gearbox parts or check out though our ‘Quick Find’.
At enginesandgearboxes.co.uk, we stock thousands of Honda Pilot gearboxes right at your fingertips. You can search for your gearbox by using our online services, you can order new, used or recon, and have them delivered directly to your door without leaving the comfort of your armchair. We also provide a telephone support line on 0905 232 0099, just call one of our sales professionals to help assist you in finding the right Honda Pilot gearboxes part. Our online database is the largest state of the art system that is used daily by professional car traders and breakers to locate gearboxes.